Mentor-Mentee Program

on Monday, May 10, 2010

I realised the truth in what my mentor once told me - "One way of motivating yourself is to motivate others". Through the recent M2M interview I realised that "One way of helping myself is to help others". Everyone that came for the interview had inspired me in some way - the zest in life, the strong beliefs in pursuing the goal, the breakthrough to achieve what they want, and also the eagerness to live their life to the fullest. It reflected to me many of my past experiences and actually boosted my motivation as well.

Honestly speaking, the M2M program is just a "pilot" test for me to help those that really think I can be their mentor guiding them along their career path. My initial plan is to provide a platform for undergraduates/graduates for continuous personal improvement - it can be in terms of their mindset, attitude, knowledge or skills which will enhanced their future undertakings. Of course, mentee need to go through their own personal breakthrough to achieve their goals, I am merely a "coach" to help.

As a start, I want to accept only 5 of the shortlisted candidate. After the interviews, I might take 6 -8 so that this "Career Success Circle" can be meaningful and effective for ideas-sharing. I would say the best part of this M2M program is to provide on-going mentoring through 121 / face to face coaching or telecasting facilitation. This is a individual coaching where I am willing to sacrifice my time to help those that really want to help themselves.

If I were offer such program, I will really do WIT (Whatever It Takes) to be one of the member, what more it is totally FREE!!! Somehow many does not grasp the opportunity to complete the first assignment and left out.....

Well, you might start wondering, FREE? why do it for free - whereby you need to commit your time and energy for it! Yeah....I think this is a good question. Maybe you can start reading the first paragraph of this blog. :-)

0 comments: