I can be who I want to be!

on Thursday, March 31, 2011

Robert H. Schuller, the famous author once said "when you start to believe in yourself, your life will start to change!", indeed very true.


I remember when I was a little kid, my character represents timid, introvert, shy, passive and I felt uncomfortable to mingle around with strangers because I am very lacking of self-confidence.


Being brought up in a family where my parents work for money day and night, earning enough for all my 5 siblings was tough. I still remember when I was at the age of 7, finally having the courage to ask my mum to buy me a beautiful water container which I want to bring it to school, end up being rejected and I cried for such incident for the whole day. When I was around 10, my dad accidently ultered that "you dont have guts!", destroying my self-confident and create more sadness in me. Worst still, I had an elder sister that likes to "discipline" me while my parents were not at home. She is the "tigress" in our house... until today, lols...


Our past experience, be it what we heard, we saw or we felt affected us so much that sometimes we forgotten the "eagle" in us. We became the "chicken" that follows what others want, being fed with their ideas and ideologies, or perhaps being a victim by ourselves. This is true to me for a long long time...


After graduation, I attended many seminars for self-motivation and improvements. I started to tell myself " Hey, fly high eagle! You can be who you want to be!" I build my confident day after day. From speaking infront of a small crowd of 4-5, into a weekly assembly of 15-20, conducting short training to a group of 30-40, transforming myself to conduct training on stage to a crowd of 50-60, up to a crowd consists of 600 audiences. WOW! We can create live miracle ! I am fortunate and grateful that I had taken the steps to change. I couldnt image this can happen to me when I was a child or teenager. Even today, I think my parents will "faint on the spot" and dont believe that is me on the stage if they can have a chance to join my training programs...lols!


Today, I am addicted when I am on stage! I am totally a different person. When I am on stage I just felt that is the true me. I got excited on stage to share, to care and to deliver my best to the audience, because I know somehow there is a past "me" sitting infront of me, waiting the moments to make a decision to step out and be the new "me" and say "Yes, I can be who I want to be!"








0 comments: