How brain works?

on Friday, January 9, 2009

Last week, I went for blood test with my housemate. This is our routine practice, to have medical check-up yearly. To my surprise, this time he was too nervous until nearly fainted during the process. This is how it goes...

There are 2 nurse in the center, one young and one old. When the old nurse saw my friend and knew that he was nervous, she kept telling him that "it is not painful" (which in NLP the brain only takes the word : painful). This makes my friend even worried.

During the process, she kept saying "Dont worry, dont worry" (brain only accept the word: worry!). This had made him very tense and his blood cannot flow out smoothly, then she kept saying "Aiya...dont be tense, dont be tense"(brain accept the word: be tense!). This makes the situation worst. Finally, she decided to pull out the needle. My friend need to draw blood for another round.
When she started the second round, similar thing happen and my friend pass out....
Our brain does not take negative instructions. So, when we communicate with others, it is important to say the right word so that you can be a great communicator.

0 comments: