My Mind and My Heart

on Saturday, October 30, 2010

Back to Malacca, my lovely hometown.

Just finish chating with my mum and sister. Everyone is back to their room now.
Tonight seems to be a cool and peaceful night for me to have some "reflection time"

Throughout the day, I realised some conflicts happen in my mind and heart. My heart keeps telling me this is what I must do, yet my mind tells me this is not the right time to do it. Have you gone through similar experience?

"Ability" VS "limitation". Most of the time, we have the ability to do what we want in life, yet we set our own limitation, giving us the excuses and reasons of not doing it. Can I say that ability comes from the heart and limitation caused by the mind? Why say so? because many times I heard this: "if this guy have the right attitude (heart), then nothing can stops him from achieving his goals (ability)!" It is like driving an awesome Porsche, I know that the car have the ability to speed in highway, yet I keep pulling the hand brake while driving, making it tough to accelerate. I realised that it is not the ability that stops me for progressing, it is the limitation that hinders me all this while!

I heard someone told me "wisdom" means taking action on what I already knew, be it a right attitude, skills, or knowledge. Otherwise, I can learn and learn and learn and learn...... and become "intelligent", yet it doesnt serve me in life. A concept can be easily understood by an 8 years old kid (Praise others all the time!) , yet cannot be fulfilled by an 80 years old man (Blaming and accusing others all the time!). I understand but I didnt do it! sounds familiar? lols....

I ask my brain "is this the right time, right situation, right thing to do now?" It normally hesitates, giving me some good reasons for procastination, and never do it. If I ask my heart "why I want to do it?" I gain the new energy and my higher self will normally say" Just fricking do it!"

2 comments:

Eric said...

"Do or Die" Spirit of Warriors. Constantly review your goal and purpose. When is the time you want to achieve it? Can you afford to delay or not doing but achieve your goals?Focus should come in front of limitation. Theory will be meaningful only they follow by the actions. Stay youthful and everything could be done without limitation.

*Some thought that come across.

Harvard Choo said...

Well said, wish you always stay youth, happy and having clear goal in mind...:)